This weekend, take me out to the ball game, meet for drinks in Wynwood, drive a fast car, or check out R&B singer Ciara in South Beach.
Here are some ideas for May 15 to 18.
Whew, the weekend is finally here. Time to loosen up that tie and button down shirt - it's happy hour. How about a trip to Wynwood where you can bar hop while scoping out weird art.
Now that the sun has set, it's time to cross the bridge to the Fillmore Miami Beach (1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach) where R&B crunk queen Ciara will take the stage. The songstress is known for her hits "One, Two Step" and "Oh," but she'll also be performing tunes from her sixth studio album, “Jackie,” featuring the hit "I Bet," an emotionally charged song about moving on from a bad relationship. Ciara is part feminist, part role model, and an overall...Read more
Happy Birthday, Enrique Igelsias!
The sexy Latin singer turned the big 4-0 on May 8th. (We know, it's hard to believe. Just look at that babyface!)
Since we didn't score an invite to his party, we'll just bask in all things Enrique for now.
1. He's 6 feet one-inch tall.
2. His father is Spanish ballad superstar, Julio Iglesias.
3. Before revealing he was the son of Julio, Enrique pretended to be a Colombian-born singer named Enrique Martinez. He wanted to make it on his own, without any help from his family.
3. He considers windsurfing one of his favorite hobbies and has said he would do that professionally if he wasn't a megastar. He also loves taking flying lessons.
4. Once a resident of Sunset Island, he now lives in Key Biscayne. Check out photos of his former home here.
5. His favorite actress is Meryl Streep.
6. His half-brother Julio Iglesias Jr., is a model turned singer.
Still figuring out what to do this weekend? Here are some suggestions for May 9 through 10.
It's 10 a.m. and time to wake up. Make some coffee, take a quick shower and head to the beach.
But before you hit the sands and slap on that sunscreen, refuel with some brunch at Café Mistral (110 Washington Ave., Miami Beach). The French restaurant offers brunch from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays for $45 (includes unlimited mimosas and bellinis).
After the beach, take an Uber to the Standard (40 Island Ave., Miami Beach) for some R&R, cocktails, and my favorite hobby, retail therapy. Already a big deal among fashionistas and hipsters in New York City, meet "The Sabah dealer", aka Mickey Ashmore, who created his own line of shoes handmade by cobblers in Turkey.
Ashmore's comfy, but stylish slip on footwear, retail for about $200. They'll be available for purchase, but what's even better is that you'll get to hear about Ashmore's unique journey from Microsoft techie...
Are you cheering on LeBron? The NBA Playoffs are in full effect. Here's some places where you can cheer on any other team than the Heat.
At American Social (721 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale) bucket specials include five domestic beers for $15 and imported for $19. Call 954-764-7005 or go to AmericanSocialBar.com.
Bad Ragaz Hall and Biergarten (1417 S. Federal Highway, Boynton Beach) has a 100-inch HD screen, and on game days, the bar's self-serve taps let you pay for beer by the ounce. Call 561-336-3297.
Bru's Room Sports Grill, with locations from Coconut Creek to Boynton Beach, offers Corona and Corona Light buckets of five for $15. Buckets of Heineken and Heineken Light cost $9 for three. Budweiser and Bud Light pitchers cost $5.99. And buckets of five Budweisers or Bud Light cost $10. Go to BrusRoom.com for a list of locations.
During games and daily happy hour (11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Bokampers offers Sveda vodka and Captain Morgan drinks for $6.99, house wine for $5,...Read more
Let's just call him the Superman of laughs. I know, I know, you're used to seeing tall b-ball players at the American Airlines Arena, but now that Heat season is over (sniff, sniff) us fans need a reason to smile.
Enter Kevin Hart. What he lacks in size, the "Get Hard," and "The Wedding Ringer," star makes up for in jokes, and I'm sure he'll bring plenty to Miami this weekend.
Hyde, inside the American Airlines Arena, is offering an exclusive package for $200 per person. It includes access to Hyde before and after the show, dinner, plus two drinks and floor seats.
Following Hart’s second performance of the evening, there will be an after party with the comedian and a performance by resident DJ Aliyo. Plus, lots and lots of pretty people. It is a Miami party, after all.
For showtimes, go to Hydeaaa.com
There was so much heat in Miami last night when some of Latin's hottest names where in town for the 2015 Latin Billboard Awards. The show was televised live on Telemundo from the Bank United Center in Coral Gables.
From Jennifer Lopez to Enrique Iglesias, here's a list of some of the show's best moments.
1. Jennifer Lopez's tribute to Selena Quintanilla was so spot on, even her family was blown away. According to Billboard.com, Selena's sister, Suzette Quintanilla-Arriaga was impressed by Lopez's looks. "I loved that she incorporated three of Selena’s main looks -- the bustier, the high-waisted pant, and the ruffles," she told the magazine. You may recall that Lopez protrayed Selena in the 1997 biopic. The Tejano singer's life was cut short when she was shot and killed by her manager in 1995, but after hearing Lopez's version of Selena's greatest hits, including "Como la Flor," and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom," it was as if she was still among the living.
2. Enrique Iglesias took home nine awards...Read more