The second large event in the Seminole Hard Rock Poker open begins Thursday, with $1 million in prize money guaranteed to be distributed among the top finishers.
The event, called a “deep stack” tournament because players start with 25,000 chips, costs $560 to enter. Hopefuls can choose their times – 11 a.m. or 7 p.m. either Thursday, Friday or Saturday – and enter as many times as they want.
The first big event drew 2,888 entrants last week, far short of last year, but still a nice event. The $350 buy-in generated a prize pool of $866,400. Daniel Suied, pictured, was the winner.
Next week is the big one, with $10 million in prize money.
Go to SHRPO.com.
1. DANIEL SUIED (HALLANDALE, FL): $110,349
2. DAVID SMITH (NEW YORK, NY): $94,574
3. REINALDO TROCONIS (CORAL GABLES, FL): $81,752
4. BRETT BADER (BOCA RATON, FL): $78,919
5. RAMINDER SINGH (DELRAY BEACH, FL): $44,983
6. GLEN CRESSMAN (BOCA RATON, FL): $35,831
7. STEELE SUTTER (PALM BCH GDNS, FL): $26,765
8. MICHAEL TUFARO (FORT MYERS, FL): $18,131
9. RICHARD RUSS (HALLANDALE BEACH, FL): $12,951
10. RICHARD NEWTON (WEST PALM BCH, FL): $8,634
11. TRISTAN WADE (BOYNTON BEACH, FL): $8,634
12. EFTHIMIOS PIPERAKIS (PEMBROKE PINES, FL): $8,634