HistoryMiami and the 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society will host a panel discussion on Thursday about Florida’s gambling industry, although the topic surely is fluid after all the news this week.
Gaming in Florida, will take place at HistoryMiami, 101 West Flagler Street, on Thursday, April 10 from 5:30 – 6:30pm and will include a question and answer period. A wine reception will follow the program. Admission is free.
With decoupling legislation being introduced -- a favorite topic of Izzy Havenick's -- and with the destination casino bill being killed, they should be able to explain what it all means.
- Sen. Maria Sachs – Florida State Senator & Gaming Committee Vice Chair
- Randall A. Fine – Managing Director, The Fine Point Group
- Dave Jonas – President and Chief Operating Officer, Miami Jai Alai
- Isadore “Izzy” Havenick – Vice President, Magic City Casino
- Christopher A. Jarvinen, Esq. – Partner, Berger Singerman LLP
Etan Mark, Partner at Berger Singerman LLP and HistoryMiami 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society Chairman, will moderate.
“Between the Florida House and Senate proposals, Governor Scott’s current negotiations with the Seminole Tribe of Florida, and developmental interest from gaming giants like Genting Group, a number of factors are starting to coalesce that likely will alter the landscape of gaming in our state,” says Mark.
To RSVP, call 305-375-5356 or register at historymiami.org.