Gulfstream Park offers giveaways, a hat contest, drink specials, a buffet in Ten Palms, and a chance to win betting vouchers on the Kentucky Derby worth as much as $600 on Saturday.
Gulfstream will continue its live summer program of thoroughbred racing while simulcasting the full card from Churchill Downs throughout its facility. The Kentucky Derby will also be simulcast on Gulfstream's three high resolution Daktronics LED boards surrounding the walking ring and fountains.
First race post time at Churchill Downs Derby Day is 10:30 a.m. Gulfstream's first race post will be 1:25 p.m. Silks will open at 9:30 a.m. There will also be advanced wagering on the Kentucky Derby Friday.
Once again, Gulfstream will have as many as 12 starters who raced or trained at Gulfstream or its satellite training facility Palm Meadows in Palm Beach County.
- Buy a Mint Julep ($8) and receive a free Kentucky Derby souvenir glass.
- Buy a Stella Artois ($5) and receive a pint Kentucky Derby souvenir glass.
- Purchase a Gulfstream Park or Kentucky Derby Handicapper program to win official Derby merchandise. Handicappers with a sticker reading 'You're A Winner' can be redeemed for a prize in the Breezeway between noon and 4 p.m.
- Enter to win one of five wagers on the Kentucky Derby between $150 and $600. The contest is open to all Gulfstream Advantage members (sign up is free). The drawings will take place one hour before post time for the Kentucky Derby. Guests can get an extra entry by stopping by Friday, Kentucky Oaks Day.
- Ladies can win up to $500 in Gulfstream's annual Ladies Hat Contest. The contest takes place at 4 p.m. in the walking ring. Five winners will be chosen.
- Have an all-you-can-eat buffet in Ten Palms overlooking Gulfstream for $32.99. Kids 12 and under are half price.
- Enjoy the races in the Fountain Club next to the walking ring and a special prix-fixe menu of $27.99.
Gulfstream's live program will include the $75,000 Sir Bear at one mile on the main track.
Nearby, III Forks Prime Steakhouse offers the Creole Mint Julep is made with Maker's 46, Housemade simple syrup, fresh mint leaf, creole seasonings and soda. It's $13. III Forks is located at 4645 PGA Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens, 561-630-3660, and in The Village of Gulfstream Park at 501 Silks Run, 954-457-3920. The restaurant will be open from 4-10 p.m. on Derby Day. For more information, visit iiiforks.com.