1. Flagler Museum -- One Whitehall Way (from I-95, take Okeechobee Boulevard East exit, cross Royal Palm Bridge to Cocoanut Row, head north to Whitehall Way), Palm Beach; 561-655-2833. This historic Gilded Age home of Florida pioneer Henry Flagler was built in 1902 and is now restored to its original splendor. Museum highlights include tours, exhibits and Flagler's personal railcar. Guided tours. Admission: $8, $3. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
3. Children's Museum of Singing Pines -- 498 Crawford Blvd., Boca Raton; 561-368-6875. Kids will love the hands-on activities, magnetic art, multicultural dress-up room with musical instruments, doll collection and house, play bank and grocery store and mineral dig at this museum. Hours: Noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Admission: $3, free for children under 2.
4. Children's Science Explorium -- Sugar Sand Park, 300 S. Military Trail, Boca Raton; 561-347-3913. Offers hands-on, interactive exhibits, primarily designed for ages 5 to 13. Hours: 9 am. to 6 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends.
5. Museum of Discovery & Science and Blockbuster 3D IMAX Theater -- 401 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale; 954-467-6637 or 954-463-IMAX. Hands-on exhibits and five-story IMAX theater. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. Admission (includes IMAX ticket): $12, $14; IMAX feature only: $7, $9.
6. Buehler Planetarium -- BCC, 3501 SW Davie Road, Davie; 954-201-6681. State-of-the-art facility with shows on astronomy and space exploration. Telescope viewing after evening shows. Shows: 1:30, 3, 7 p.m. Wednesday; Friday 7 p.m.; Saturday 1:30, 3, 7 p.m.; Sun. 1:30, 3 p.m. Admission: $2-$6.
7. IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum -- 300 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach; 954-922-4212. Museum includes six galleries, an outdoor marina, a theater and indoor/outdoor demonstration areas. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. $3.99-$4.99.
8. Young At Art Museum -- 751 SW 121st Ave, Davie, FL 33325;954-424-0085. Young At Art Museum is South Florida's unique, hands-on children's museum. Visit YAA and enter a new dimension of learning and creativity by touching, exploring, creating, imagining and enjoying the limitless possibilities of art. In addition to their permanent galleries that provide hands-on art activities, YAA features national traveling exhibitions. Hours:10am to 5pm Monday through Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 11am-6pm. Admission: Adults-$13, Children (ages 1 & up) $12, Seniors (62+) $12,Members Free. *Prices are subject to change.
9. Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum -- On Seminole Big Cypress Reservation, 17 miles north of I-75 (Alligator Alley), exit 49; 863-902-1113. The Seminole Tribe of Florida presents its history and culture through exhibits, rare artifacts, dramatic film, nature trails and a "living village." Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Admission: $4, $6.
10. The Miami Museum of Science and Planetarium -- 3280 S. Miami Ave.; 305-646-4200. This science museum features national traveling shows and more than 140 hands-on exhibits illustrating principles of physics, electricity, light, sound and health. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily; box office closes at 5 p.m. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas. Admission (includes planetarium admission): $10 adults, $8 seniors and students, $6 children 3-12, free for children under 3. Laser shows: $6 adults, $3 children 3-12.