Miami is one of the Top 10 tastiest towns in the South in the February issue of Southern Living magazine.
Now through Feb. 28, the magazine looking to name the Tastiest food town in the South through an online contest. Vote for Miami at SouthernLiving.com/tasty or via smart phone by downloading the app and scanning the corresponding image in the magazine. Each vote gives you a chance to win $1,500 toward a trip to the Tasty Town of your choice.
Here are the Top 10 with editors notes on why they were included:
1. Asheville, N.C.: This bohemian brewtopia has a buzzy scene flavored with local bounty.
2. Atlanta: The city’s multicultural explosion makes Atlanta an essential food destination.
3. Austin, Texas: With a posse of star chefs, there are ample opportunities to swill and chomp in style.
4. Charleston, S.C.: The city’s top chefs are moving indigenous ingredients to the center of the plate.
5. Durham, N.C.: The town boasts a mix of pioneers alongside a new generation of bootstrap cooks.
6. Greenville, S.C.: Features luscious Lowcountry cooking with a surprising international flair.
7. Louisville, Ky.: With a bourbon-infused larder, the city is experiencing a culinary renaissance.
8. Memphis, Tenn.: The town’s latest riffs on soul cooking rock.
9. Miami: The fusion flash of the ’80s has evolved into a diverse, refined eating town.
10. New Orleans: The sultry confluence of old world and innovation maintains our adoration.
“Miami has matured from the fusion flash of late ‘80s into a spectacularly diverse, refined eating town,” the editors say in the magazine.Copyright © 2015, South Florida