The South Florida-set spy drama “Burn Notice” is signing off after seven seasons on television, but not before the show’s producers auction off its many props and wardrobe items.
From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Coconut Grove Convention Center, more than 10,000 items from the hit USA Network series about a freelance spy stranded in Miami will be for sale during a public auction.
“Everything you’ll see was used at least once on the show, and some of it’s brand-new,” says J. Sugarman Auctions owner Scott Grasso, whose company organized the “Burn Notice” auction on behalf of the show’s production company.
In a space the size of a football field, rows of brass table lamps and entire bedroom sets are crammed next to a 1973 Dodge Charger, driven by the show’s main character, Michael Westen, portrayed by actor Jeffrey Donovan.
Toward the northern side of the convention center, bidders can step inside a re-creation of Carlito’s, the tropically themed bar Westen and partners Fiona, Sam and Jessie frequented for mojitos and clandestine meetings.
A side room near the entrance holds the big-ticket goods: Westen’s Hugo Boss wardrobe, Fiona’s Prada shoes and Sam’s sunglasses and flowery Tommy Bahama shirts.
“I’m calling it a fire sale, because everything has to go. There’s too much ‘Burn Notice’ stuff not to score some deals,” Grasso says. “It’s coming from a show that I’m saying is just as iconic as ‘Miami Vice.’ “
There is no minimum bid for any “Burn Notice” memorabilia, but the highest-profile items will only be sold during an online auction from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday. Visit Proxibid.com and click on the “Burn Notice” tab.
Top 10 Hottest "Burn Notice" items
1. 132 Tommy Bahama shirts, worn by Sam Axe, played by Bruce Campbell
2. Several M16 prop guns
3. Multiple pairs of Prada, Steve Madden, Chloe and Lanvin shoes and ankle wedge boots worn by Fiona Glenanne, played by Gabrielle Anwar
4. The 1973 Dodge Charger driven by Michael Westen, played by Jeffrey Donovan
5. Carlito’s, the tropically themed bar reconstructed from the show with more than 100 bamboo barstools, chairs and tables (liquor not included)
6. The 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabrio driven by Jesse Porter, played by Coby Bell
7. Michael Westen’s Burn Notice Manila folder
8. The desk used at CIA headquarters
9. Director, producer and writer chairs, and Campbell’s chairs
10. Several Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein and Dolce & Gabbana suits worn by Donovan